View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat View Post
You know I deleted my other comment cause it just wasn't worth it but I do want to say something only this time will not apologize in advance...

It is cute reading mob comments.

There is a mountain in Sicily that I now have the deed to. A cool, historic and worthless piece of paper and my kids do not understand why I don't just call the police. That is pure comedy. This is not visiting Taormina for a few days or seeing a performance of Cavalleria Rusticana. This is not watching the Godfather trilogy or Goodfellas. This is real life.

Now I don't know what you call the kind of squatters who build homes on a grand scale. Okay not villas and not mansions BUT seriously nice homes.

Oh did I mention the guards? You know, those nice beefy boys with perpetual tans and prominent noses who probably shed tears at the opera and love their mothers and who display great abs visible thought the open shirts on hot days (see I can make generalizations too)? Well okay maybe they aren't all so movie-like BUT they all have Uzis or something similar.

See the thing about romanticizing this thing of ours is that it is fiction. It is a story. Now I do admit to enjoying films depicting the Mafia and I have my fav gangsters lol I have read about BUT BUT BUT I cannot say that I know anything truly when it comes to such things.

I have heard stories my whole life mainly about my grandparents... the one that sticks out is about my grandfather who was left behind to work as tailors apprentice and saved till he was 14 to sail over alone to join the rest of the family in NY. I will cut to the chase but it involved a gun to his head and a little reminder that he didn't see anything, capisce...

So enjoy being called Don and watching Goodfellas.

There are thousands of people who were never born cause their fathers especially were treated like tissues and discarded as they were deemed garbage by thugs with bullets and delusions of mediocrity.

Again I do not presume to know much here but you are making light of a subject that, while it is dramatic and makes for great films, is perhaps a bit more serious that you seem to suggest with your tales of neighbors who were nice.
WOW!!! Interesting post other than it rambling all over the place. I could retort on many of your assumptions in general and about me but you have blown this up into a volcano in your own mind. Not sure why. And you seem to have a beef with me or is that an assumption? One thing that's real is I will continue to enjoy being called Don, since that is my real name.

BTW - DonGuido is simply an AKA for the fun of it.