View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 07:59 AM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsixfarms View Post
There's no embarrassing Jacobson. He showed his colors in the Tour of the Cat episode shortly after he returned to training, and his MO hasn't changed since then.

In just the last six months, we've seen the demise of nine year-old Cherokee Artist, and the retirements of Socialsaul and Be Bullish while Jacobson was racing them at or near the bottom. (As someone else on the site said, why is it always someone other than Jacobson who has to right by the horse?)
You don't need to convince me about Jacobson. I agree with everything you say. I'm no fan of his. Some of his actions have been gross and he's made playing races in NY even harder than normal.

I just don't think he's wrong in this case. If they wanted to retire Be Bullish, they should have when they claimed him the first time.

I guess I find the attitude that it's somehow not dignified for him to be running in the races he is kind of odd. Did Be Bullish tell someone he's not happy? His performance on the track recently doesn't really look like a horse who isn't enjoying themselves. And how do we know he'll be happier not running?

I'm way more concerned about the older horses running up the track for the bottom at places like Mountaineer than I am horses running and winning for 16k in NY.