View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 09:56 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Frederick View Post
Maybe it is the middle ground, I don't know. What I do know is what happened to Caixa Eletronica (a personal favorite of mine) could have just as easily happened to a 2 year old. Age had nothing to do with his accident. If we need to be more careful as they get older than maybe they shouldn't be running at all.

I am very happy to see Be Bullish go out a winner. I just think there is more to meets the eye here and that some of the people involved should look at how they run their own stables instead of trying to meddle in others.
Sometimes i see a comment (and not usually on this site) that makes me wonder if the writer is a racing fan. We all know horses can go at any time, a day old to 30 years or older. A paddock accident, training, a gallop out, a van ride, foaling, etc. If a horse still enjoys racing and is healthy, let him have his fun.
We have to hope those handling the horse does the right thing....of course its not always the case, we all know that. So, you have to hope for the best. Theres no magic number agewise, or number of races wise...
I hope be bullish enjoys his retirement!