Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

A few seasons ago, when Chris Paul was traded to the Lakers, I made a point. I never thought it would work because he's a ball dominating point guard. Jordan won six titles with BJ Armstrong, John Paxson, and Ron Harper playing point. Kobe won five with Fisher. James won two with Chalmers. Wade didn't have a top point guard. Bird ran Boston's offense. The point is that when you have an outstanding, ball dominating wing man that you run the offense through, taking the ball out of his hands is not the way to go. I've always felt that James is a natural point guard. Everything else he does he does just because he can but by nature, he's a point guard. Irving is not. Both are used to controlling the ball. Both are best with the ball. It takes a sacrifice to make it work. Wade was able to make it because he'd already won a title and wasn't trying to establish himself as a star anymore. Wade, as well as Bosh and James, decided together that they would join up and each knew that sacrifices would have to be made. Irving signed an extension in Cleveland with every thought that it was his team, he was "The Man"....then ten days later, here comes James then a month later, here comes Love. Can Irving change his mindset that fast? I don't think so. The day after James talked about the need to play more unselfish, Irving takes 23 shots with ZERO assists. Coincidence? I don't think so. Personally, I would have moved Irving for Love and kept Wiggins but that's done now. It's still not too late to ship Irving out though.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine