View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan
Atleast one shot will make it into the top 4, I think if you hit you will def. make a little money and possibly a good score.
Most of the big money I've made in thoroughbred and parimutuel wagering has been on trifectas and superfectas. I hold my own very well on straight win and place bets....being not afraid to play chalks in the right circumstances.

I have noticed at least at California tracks the trifecta and superfecta payouts have been diminishing when I'm paying attention. In fact it's been a long time since I played trifectas on "every day" races in NorCal, since the "big score" opportunity is nowhere what it once was.

I usually do play Supers on Triple Crown races as a lottery ticket type fun wager. I usually play between $200 and $450 or so, and have had little success to date. I have cashed a couple, but not more than $600 as I recall in the last 7 or 8 years.

My old days at the South Florida dog tracks I used to be a master of four digit super and tri payoffs. Really.

I do like the Scavs strategy with the $108 total wager.

In a twelve horse field, of course.

Thanks for sharing. I'll probably take that angle if available for the Triple Crown races this year.