View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
i respect your opinion

1 pt when texas played at texas tech it was their 4th game in a row against a top 15 team - no one in the country had to face a stretch like that

In my opinion they came out flat in that game after a tough 3 week stretch - after halftime they got the mojo going and put up 27 pts in the 2nd half

they lost the game fair and square - i just think if they played at a different time they would have beaten TT

As for OU they had a bye and were well rested when they played Texas Tech - big difference
I do think that Texas beats Tech maybe nine of 10 times at home and seven or eight of ten at Tech. They are the better team. That stretch that Texas played was incredibly brutal and they nearly came through it 4-0. But they didn't. They lost to Tech and with both teams finishing with the same record, they simply don't have an argument that says they deserve it more than Tech does anymore than Oklahoma has one over Texas. Also, Tech also had a week off before playing that Oklahoma game. I don't use the way that Oklahoma beat Tech as any kind of measure of the two teams. As you said, the conditions were totally different. I'd have no problem at all if Texas was in the title game over Oklahoma. They certainly deserve it. I just don't think they deserve it more than Oklahoma. Maybe equally but not more. I also think that Oklahoma went into that Texas game just a little bit overconfident and Texas made them pay.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine