View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
I think that the best team in the Big 12 for the entire season is the team that should be the champion and that was Oklahoma. I don't care about all that talk about how Texas beat them because Texas lost to Texas Tech and whether or not anyone believe Tech should be in the discussion or not, by them finishing with the same record at Texas and having beaten the Horns, they have just as legit a claim as the Horns do. So both teams, all three actually, are where they belonged.

Texas should easily handle OSU tonight. With the exception of a couple of Ohio St. teams over the past few years, the top teams from the Big 12 are just not at the same athletic talent level as the top teams from other conferences. That was clear in both of OSU's title game losses the past two seasons, it was clear in the Penn St. loss to USC, and it will be clear tonight. I think Texas goes out with a point to prove and destroys OSU by at least 17.

Oklahoma is going to beat Florida. Missing their running back will hurt them but they are so diverse on offense that it won't hurt them too much. Their defense will be tested by Florida's speed but I think they'll handle it. They key to me is that I think Oklahoma has faced speed somewhat similar to Florida's in Texas and Texas Tech so they know what to expect. I don't think Florida has played a team anywhere near the capabilities of Oklahoma and the way they will spread the field and the speed they have will catch the Gators off guard. Oklahoma wins by 10 or more.

i respect your opinion

1 pt when texas played at texas tech it was their 4th game in a row against a top 15 team - no one in the country had to face a stretch like that

In my opinion they came out flat in that game after a tough 3 week stretch - after halftime they got the mojo going and put up 27 pts in the 2nd half

they lost the game fair and square - i just think if they played at a different time they would have beaten TT

As for OU they had a bye and were well rested when they played Texas Tech - big difference