View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
We've been over this before Pat ... and look, I understand that you have to try and be a shill for Dubai.

No US horse has ever won the UAE Derby?

#1: Express Tour: Every single one of his 4 career start before he won the UAE Derby was at Calder. Every single start after he won the UAE Derby was made in the United States.

You are the only person in the world with an IQ over 100 who thinks Express Tour wasn't a US horse.

#2: Essence Of Dubai: ALL of his races at age 2 came in the United States. He broke his maiden at Hollywood. Was 3rd in the Best Pal. Won the Norfolk. Raced in the Breeders Cup.

#3: Discreet Cat: He won his debut at Saratoga for trainer Stanley Hough in jaw dropping fashion. Sure, the Arabs shelled out seven figures for him, but he's an American horse.

#4: Regal Ransom: He also broke his maiden at Saratoga and he competed in the Norfolk Stakes. He came from the Calder 2-year-old in training sale.

All four of these horses raced exclusively in the USA as 2-year-olds and were based here the whole year. That means, going into the UAE Derby, March of their 3yo season, they're considered American horses.
I guess my thought is that these are horses did all of their preparation in the UAE and were not shipped from America the week before the race, and put back on a plane to the US right after. Those are what I view as "American horses" to run in Dubai. You can call me a shill for Dubai racing, but if anything, I think I'm actually being quite critical of the records.