Thread: ryder cup
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
Big difference in home vs. away. Putting a choke like Mahan in that position is a huge mistake. I'm not sure what matches you watched, but in the match that Woods and Stricker got killed, Woods hit some really good shots, especially in the early part of the match, only to have Stricker f*ck up the next one.
Fine....the first two matches Stricker was the better player. I didn't watch the third match. When you're 5 down after 8 I can't imagine either played well shooting 40 on the first nine with a birdie on 9. The first four ball match was all STricker, and a lot of the foursomes was Stricker. Who do you play last if you're the coach?? You have to get to that point to have it mean something when you're down 3. So is it better to put Mahan earlier and have him lose and have match 12 mean nothing?? Mahan was 2-0-3 two years ago and 1-1 this year. 3-1-3 in his history. I don't follow his career closely, he seems like a decent player to me. What is his history of choking. I honestly don't know.