View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 03:24 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
I can safely say I agree with very little of this.

You do seem to try to interpret a lot of information that really isn't there. This post was just a fun story and a little kick to all those that make silly claims that Beyer is a lousy horseplayer.

Well quite frankly this is written using the information you provide over several years now. You have said on many occasions that you are not playing certain races or that learning how not to bet good money on bad races was the key to being successful on Byk's show and similiar things on You Bet or your Toga Touts in the summer.

We have never met in person but if you hear, read, or watch someone several
hundred if not a thousand times on line,in print or TV it's not that much of a stretch to see patterns and thoughts that are repeated over and over. Inference is the substance of handicapping is it not?

Some of what you say about racing is useful IMO, some of it isn't. I have learned things from some of your successes and made money playing against your opinion when the data isn't there to support it.

Beyer's Derby handicapping is boyish folklore that doesn't negate the place the man has in the history of the sport. If he's burning your phone with "huge bets" weekly I stand corrected but like Haskin "huge wagering" is not likely the focus of Mr Beyer's daily life pertaining to racing IMO but it is just that, an opinion.

You want to disagree Andy that's fine, your entitled to your own opinion like anybody else, just keep posting those contrary handicapping opinions here, I can't possibly thank you enough for the help they provide.