View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 02:27 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I have a basic understanding of figures. I understand that tracks can change during the day depending on how much they water it, how the weather is, etc. This can explain why a track can have nearly identical times on a day and have different figures. I get that. What I have a harder time grasping is how they determine if it changed or not? Nashville ran super fast and broke the track record. Gamine did the same a couple of races later. Knicks Go did the same a couple of races later. Then came the Sprint. Whitmore's time was much slower than Nashville's yet he got a higher speed figure. Isn't that saying that the track slowed down? But then you come back with Monomoy Girl running a fast race and just missing the track record by .09 and then Authentic setting a track record a couple of races later.

Interesting stuff here.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine