View Single Post
Old 07-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Oriental Park

Default Two at Toga (2023)

I’ll give this a shot again and hope I can make it through the meet. Mythical $2WP bet on each horse. Let’s see if we can turn a profit.

I think there are some interesting horses in the turf sprints and like Steve’s longshot pick of Into Happiness in the 7th (though we’ll see what price she goes off at. I wanted to go elsewhere and focus on the two year olds to start the meet.

First bet: Race 2 - #9 Honey Dijon 10/1. Frankly, I don’t love any of the experienced horses in this race and both of them are likely to garner attention. I expect the Pletcher/Prat horse to get bet as well. Honey Dijon is sired by Girvin who does well with first time starters. The workouts for this horse are very solid and I actually like the outside post as she is unlikely to get bumped around early because of it. Tyler can be aggressive in dirt sprints and hits at a 21/55 clip in sprint races. I expect her to go off above 10/1. She is worth a shot, imo.

Second bet: Race 9 - #2 Becky’s Joker 15/1. Gary Contessa throws this first time starter right into a graded stakes race in the Schuylerville. Based on the workouts and the fact Contessa is tossing her in here, I’m guessing she’s got some speed and talent. She’s supposedly a big, strong horse and she’s going to be an even bigger number. The favorite has won this race once in the last decade. Granted, often the 2nd or 3rd choice has won but there have been a few longshot surprises.

Good luck all.