View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Especially since it was the second race off a layoff which often leads to a big race. It is called bounce THEORY for a reason. In reality what is perceived as a bounce is really just regression to the mean after a big race.

Actually, I have heard and read it's 3rd off the layoff that's the best and produces the best results...

Yes, a bounce is sometimes a regression back to the mean, but his mean was not good enough to win the race, his best was, but he ran his best by a large margin in the last race and was set for a bounce...It's a theory and sometimes doesn't hold true, because these are horses not machines...

Like I said, if my laptop wasn't broken I would go back and watch the race, but I believe there was a definite rail bias, I read somewhere that they fixed the track after the Distaff(if this is incorrect someone say so), maybe that's why Invasior and Bernardini weren't effected by it...

Let's see how some of these come back and run, I think Scuds pointed out one that won already while racing wide, I think we will see many more...