View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 06:45 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Beyer & Scuds, for the record, are 100% correct.
Well, if they had a remedy that made sense, then, I'd agree with them.

The jockey on Max didn't cause this. So, right there, their claim of dq'n the horse in an effort to promote safety is asinine. Horses are going to do stuff like what this horse did. DQ'N this horse didn't change that. So, if a jockey didn't cause this, then why are they so looking to punish someone? What remedy did that offer War of Will and Toddy? 1 place better? Still aren't getting money , are they? So, who did this help? It helped the 2nd place horse get something he didn't deserve. That's a lovely thing to teach kids . Isn't it? Don't have to work for a Derby. One can just get one by taking advantage of another's misery. If these 2 horses that were fouled weren't so bitch made, they wouldn't of thrown in the towel. They'd of been able to go the full 10f, and get 4th , or 5th. Then, then, the DQ would make sense. Moving one or both of those poor bitch-made victims up a spot would be an actual remedy. It would actually help them gets something of value. From what I can see, this dq was really done to satisfy sadists that wanted to punish someone (even though no human was to blame.) They wanted to punish the horse. Like the horse is gunna now learn from this, and not doing again. You really taught him a lesson, folks. I guess it gets the PETA people off their back, because PETA people surely think the horse couldn't of made a mistake without a human pushing him to do it.

I'm willing to back dq's if they can fix a wrong. They usually do offer a remedy for an injustice mainly caused by a human. This dq doesn't do that. It's just punitive for the sake of being punitive. There is zero teaching going on with this dq. The horse caused it on his own, and he is not going to traffic school. He can't get the teaching moment that they are so so so damn craving to give someone. This is, mainly, just a bunch of sadists enjoying punishing people. So, to them this dq makes perfect sense, because they damn sure feel better now.