View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
I do not believe either of those days were dead rails and reading charts and making definitive decisions on rails is more than very dangerous.
I would agree with that. I'm still undecided on Sunday, although I'd lean to calling it a mild outside bias. I do believe that Friday was a legit outside bias. Let's take a look at the card:

1st- won by a wide closer as the 9-5 fave could only manage 3rd w/a rail trip.
4th- 2-1 favorite Shake the Earth ran 5th w/a rail trip while wide closing Fappianos Clown won the race.
6th- 4-5 Flashy N Bold was yet another favorite who gravitated to the rail only to get run down by wide closing As Himself.
7th- Truman's Gold, despite an widish draw, got to the rail midway thru the turn and for the stretch run and burned more chalkeaters money as wide Gold Attraction got up.

I realize a speed on the rail horse did win the finale but that was maiden claimers and those types of races are loaded w/faint hearted types who won't pass horses.

We'll have to track these Jan 19 runners when they come back for further evidence but IMO that day was the least neutral of any day of the meet so far.