View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
All the " chill out " stuff is silly. It's a message board, people react to what other people post, that's what makes it fun. I understand it was an exciting moment for you...great...but some of us think it is a sad moment for the breed. We are all allowed our thoughts and none of us need to chill out. It's a discussion....and a pretty good one.

The fact that you say " And Bob and John, Oh So Awesome or Deputy Glitters would have been much better? " says a lot for just how sad the race was. Of course, Deputy Glitters did run a couple OK races, as did Bob and John, but you're correct, along with Jazil they are all very mediocre supposed top tier horses. And, I totally agree with DrugS, in that this was a decent year for 3YOs and that field wasn't represented by any of them. Though, i would agree that the mile and a half had something to do with that.
You're right and I take back the chill out stuff, but I did feel like I was being jumped all over for enjoying something that others didn't.

So was his 4th in the Derby a fluke in your eyes, even though he had better horses behind him than in the Belmont?