View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 09:59 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Good thing to you. Other people are allowed to have different opinions, no matter if you agree with them or not. You’re more of a traditionalist and that’s fine. I like to see challenges. It’s extremely easy and safe and even logical to see a horse like Bricks and Mortar run in the Turf and Midnight Bisou run in the Distaff. We know that they can handle those conditions. But you can’t tell me that as a fan, it wouldn’t have added more intrigue to the Classic to have both of them run there instead. Maybe I’m way off (and I’m sure you would say I am) but I believe that of Code of Honor or McKinzie had won the Classic, they probably win HoY with it, no matter what Bricks or Midnight did in their respective races. Bricks and Midnight both had divisional title a locked up even with loses. So I don’t think there was anything to lose by shooting for the bigger prize.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine