View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by phystech
Ah, but see, you are part of the problem Freddy. You are going to support a track that you criticize for coveting slots when you run your horse there. You give them reason to race because they can suck you in to run in their races and support their product. I just can't believe that someone who is so outspoken about the current business model some of these racinos are employing would turn around and support them by racing your horse there.

Your horse needs to run at River Downs. Support a track that probably NEEDS your horse to make a race go so that they can card enough races to give them a chance to earn the money they need to fund purses and survive.

Everything you say is fair..I hope I never have to race at River Downs. I think racing there and taking full advantage of the insanity doesn't mitigate that slots aren't the answer and shouldn't be looked at as the foundation that racing needs to grow upon. I am hoping to steal as much money as I can with a filly or two that simply will be rewarded for there birth place and not their ability.. Plus Handle the important variant in racing will not be advanced in anyway shape or form from PID, especially considering the purse involved.