View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo
It always works in the beginning.. AC used to be crowed in the beginning you waited in back of people to get at a table. Foxwoods was incredibly business..then the river boat etc etc. they all get less and less successful with time or a better way to explain it as the population that they draw from gets wiped out the numbers go down, especially as more and more competition comes into the arena. Meadowlands is a ghost town now used to be the mecca of Standard bred racing why..Chester Pa Dover De Yonkers NY.. I am not suggesting Meadowlands needs slots just saying the sport moved to the money. When the money stops flowing whats the plan going to be then? Or do we just keep following the new slot populations.. I guess Utah will be the last stop in 2027.lol

you points are well taken , from my standpoint though , what looked like a facility that was going to go under has seen a dramatic turnaround.

granted all the folks are not in love with the new slots players that are now in town hanging around , but, the metro area has a population that can keep them coming in for years to come in my opinion. the size of the faciltiy will eventually allow them to add a hotel and more restaurants, perhap card games will be coming next.

there is no question that AC is hurting , the fringe/marginal player is not going there when yonkers is right in their backyard.