View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
Are you still in Virginia?

Instead of getting ripped off at WF, why not check that eatwild website and form relationships directly with the producer? It's a much better experience, and certainly much cheaper.

Every year I get a small group of friends together and buy an entire cow/steer. Usually either Angus or Hereford breed. By the time all is said and done, I'm paying about 4.50 to 5.00 a lb (meat, slaughter, butchering, packaging), and that's for everything! From ground and stew meat up to porterhouse, ribeye and more.

It's probably more where you live, but if you learn to look for farmers that raise food, you'd be surprised what you can come up with.

I LOVE stopping at some house/farm that has cows grazing on their property, and shooting the shiit with the farmer. I've made some great connections that way.

Anyways, get yourself a drop down chest style freezer, organize a small buying group and enjoy great and affordable meat all year long.

You'd be surprised how little space it takes up too. You can get about 25 lbs of frozen meat into one of those old style paper shopping bags you used to get at the super market.
sightypoo is perky