View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 03:43 PM
Steve Byk

MAXIMUM SECURITY UPDATE
Aug. 15, 2019
Media Director
Monmouth Park

OCEANPORT, N.J. – Trainer Jason Servis said today that multiple Grade 1 winner Maximum Security will skip the Travers Stakes on Aug. 24 at Saratoga to point to the Pennsylvania Derby on Sept. 21 because the Haskell Invitational and Florida Derby winner “still is not 100 percent.”

“I don’t like where he’s at. He’s not eating the way I want him to eat and he’s not carrying the weight I’d like to see him carry,” Servis said late Thursday afternoon in making the announcement. “I just want to make sure he’s 100 percent for his next race and he’s not there right now.

“The best thing is to wait until he is 100 percent and point to the Pennsylvania Derby.”

Maximum Security, the first horse disqualified from first place in the Kentucky Derby, has been stabled at Monmouth Park since returning from Louisville in early May.