View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 09:21 PM
Les Bois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
I’m sure I’m in the big minority of people who might want to play the low takeout pick 5 on 5 breeders cup races. Probably not much interest out there in doing that, when we can play 3 other lesser races instead.
Don't get me wrong. I pay close attention to takeout rates, and use them to decide on which tracks, which wagers, and how much money to wager. I boycotted Keeneland this Fall Meet because of their takeout increase, and will continue to do so if the rates remain unchanged in Spring 2018.

In the early 2000s, BC offered low-takeout wagers on "head-to-head" and "even-odd" bets. I loved these pools, bet heavily into them, and wish they still existed. But the fact is that they don't, and I accept that. I wish there was a pick-5 in the final five races Saturday, but there isn't. I just don't feel a need to unleash a string of obscenities upon and advocate violence against (even if in jest) the racing secretary because of it, and it's not ruining my day.

I hope you find value somewhere on the BC card and have a successful Breeders' Cup weekend!