Thread: TVG buys HRTV
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Washington Park

I can't wait for Saturday when the clown car pulls up at Santa Anita and out hops Matt Caruthers, Paul LoDuca and that Scott guy with big floppy shoes, funny hats and round red noses. Pick 4 tickets all day. Wink-wink, nod-nod. Inside jokes and just plain goofy fun. It'll be a riot. It's not the racing that's fun, it's our guys.

Meanwhile Jeff Siegle and Adam Veracruysse will be on HRTV this Saturday to give you their "Daymakers" at Parx and Mahoning Valley. Brad Free will help you play the Pick 4 at Sunland Park and Laffit Pincay will be on later for the Turf Paradise card.

Frightening development and bad for horseplayers.

Here is elephant in the room that nobody sees. TVG is bundled on many sports packages for cable and satellite. It is also included gratis on many cable packages. HRTV is not. They listed how many homes TVG is in, but I bet 95% of those homes have never watched it, maybe more. And never will. HRTV has many more customers who have paid for it specifically and watch it. I'm one. So I think those numbers mislead to the popularity of TVG. Everyone I know who has both has always watched a majority of time on HRTV.