View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 12:30 PM
The Curragh

"Good for Roamin. I'm glad to see him win after running second so many times. Problem is, he is probably so far ahead now that none of the rest of us can catch him."

Cal posted this after the Belmont Stakes and it got me wondering. After this week Roamin is the only player to show a profit on the year. Indian Hemp was up most of the year but has slipped back to the rest of the field. After that monster $3320 week Tom is up $1680 on the year with an ROI of 64%. Still he needs a winner or two to guarantee a profitable year. It's a tough game in the long haul. Still in the hunt after 29 weeks are Indian Hemp down $172, Cal828 down $360 and Ruffian down $602 despite two big wins in a row. 5 players have finished the year up over $2000 in the past. It must take a lot out of you to be so good for so long cause only one is still active and doesn't seem to be slowing down. From 5th to 1st we have Little Watermelon up $2040, Myrtle up $2063, NJ Stinks up $2339 (must have been the Kamloops year <grin>), Digger up $2780 (if you guys remember how Digger wagered I can't remember how he did it) and our all time leader Little Watermelon up $3010. All played more than half the seasons they posted these numbers in.