Thread: Songs!
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Saratoga

Well now Rocky always accuses me of having to preface everything i say and here's the proof that it's not true!!! So i don't know what to do here because there are a few nice people who i like so much (yes you, and..... you!!!) who deserve songs but you know the moment has to be right kinda like sex or something and now i am having quite the dilema which i always thought was spelled dilemna but it's not. Or is it???

Anyway i was driving this morning and drinking coffee and blah blah blah all these people were talking on the good stations instead of playing songs so i turned to the crappy stations to see what they were playing. At a red light this one i turned to was playing Elton and I'm very sorry to say i cannot stand him but not cause he is gay since i don't really care what anyone does in their own bedroom. But this song which i don't know all the words to cause it's kind of old was Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and it reminded me of My Red Ball! So I stared singing Goodbye Bellamy Road and let me tell you the guys in the next car looked over at me and at each other and back at me so I floored it when the light changed!!!

Don't worry, I came real close but swerved in time so no one was killed today anyway!!!!!

So now even though i don't care for that song it's stuck in my head so here's my song and it's just for you, My Red Ball!!!!! Did I already say it's in the tune of that awful Goodbye Yellow Brick Road? i can't remember!!!!!

Some balls are kinda small,
golf balls and baseballs are white
footballs are awkward and pointy and brownish
kids balls are pretty and bright.

I always wanted a red ball,
I'd keep it all to myself
one I can play with not signed by Babe Ruth
and stuck in some glass all alone
on a sheeeeeellllllffffff

So kiss me, Bellamy Road
and I'll tell you another tale
about some dead guy in Russia