View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 06:47 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I think your argument about Bob is fair in many ways, Steve, but just listing the successful horse's prices ( and you can't just say American Pharoah was a homebred, and perhaps there are others in this category, without saying their potential value at public auction....as he RNA'd for around $300K ) without telling us all the prices of the horses he got, successful and unsuccessful. It's not just about the horses a trainer does well with, right?
The top earners were the most succinct and available to research. And given the spread of years involved, feels like a good snapshot. If you look at Baffert's stakes winners from the period, I think they'll tell the same story.

Re: Pharoah RNA price, it can be balanced by Pioneerof the Nile's stud fee ($17,500) at the time. Zayat actually retained a good portion of PoTN so the cover came out of his supply of seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
You should also give the purchase price, I feel like it was $1 million, for War Emblem....right?
Couldn't remember. Sounds right. Maybe more even.