Thread: Venue for 1/25
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 02:14 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolyB View Post
Perfect call. Gulfstream has really put together a blockbuster card and I imagine that the wagering handle will reflect that.

I am more than a little curious whether we will be able to notice any difference in the outcome of either the Pegasus World Cup or the Pegasus Turf due to the restriction on use of Lasix in both of those races. Do any runners who customarily use Lasix need to be downgraded in handicapping because of that?

Cal, I got a big kick out of your reference to William Shirer's weighty tome. I wonder whether it is still read today as it was in the early 60's or whether its sheer length tends to discourage all except the most enthusiastic readers.
I think I read it, but not totally sure. I haven't read much that is that long lately, but I have read some books that probably approach being that long. I like some of the Ken Follett books like Pillars of the Earth and really just about anything he writes and I have read several James Michenor novels that are pretty lengthy like Texas and Poland. I guess some people still read such lengthy books. Probably not the younger generation and for the most part the books I read now are not all that long.

I have no clue about your question about Lasix. I will just ignore that they are not getting it and hope for the best.

Last edited by cal828 : 01-20-2020 at 02:34 PM.