View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 10:25 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
You may be right. That may be why I was so terrible at my "best bets" for Saratoga. Too many horses at short odds with question marks. In this case, I just thought Anothertwistafate really stood out from this field and would win even with an 80% effort. And the workouts looked good so I wasn't worried about the layoff.

I didn't end up betting him at 6/5 but (redboard alert) did bet a double the race before - 5,7 / 4 - which ended up paying $12.80 for $1. If I had whiffed on the first half of the double, I may have taken the 6/5 odds to try to get my money back(which longterm, is probably a terrible way to play. I used to have some really bad days at the track when I tried to do stuff like this.)
We’ve talked before about the best bet exercise. It’s difficult as I know you had other winners that for whatever reason you didn’t like as much as your best bet.

I totally agree with you guys that he was a total standout. I just get scared by layoffs like that. Either way, good to have another older horse back.