View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 10:20 AM
Keeneland

Default Saratoga Two A Day Part Deux

Second verse, same as the first. Two horses a day, a “best bet” of sorts and a live longshot I like. Will go with $2 win/place on each and as time allows I will try and explain my reasoning for each and keep track of results through the meet. I never bet to place, but a lot of horses I like run second so the exacta opportunities are there and it’s easier to do it this way then list exacta’s.

Last year a $2 win/place wager on my listed horses would’ve cost you $302 and got you back $272.50. The plan is to show a profit this year.

Day 1

Best bet- Race 3- #2 Figure of Speech
She was one of the more impressive 2 year old winners last year here. She ran a decent 3rd in the Spinaway and then was on the shelf for 9 months. Returned at Churchill last time, was a step slow, sat a good trip close to hit pace and was not abused late when it was obvious she didn’t have it. Closers ran 1-3, in what was probably a pretty good race. Winner came back to run 2nd in the Beaumont at Keeneland Friday. 3rd place finisher came back to win at Ellis last time, 8th place finisher just missed by a neck at Indiana Grand next out, 4th place finisher was a good 3rd to stakes caliber Mundaye Call at Keeneland Saturday and 7th place finisher won Sunday at Keeneland, albeit in a small field. I think we see her best today, working sharp and should fall into a nice trip. First of many Chad Brown winners this meet.

Best Longshot- Race 6- #3 Tiz Envy
Two back ran off going 10 furlongs, tiring late against a winner who came back to run a strong 2nd last weekend. Last time on Belmont Day he was more relaxed, but steadily lost ground throughout, only to finish up pretty well against a decent enough group. Takes another drop in class and shortens up. I think he can sit a good trip here and should have plenty of foundation from his two races at Belmont and maybe the cutback produces a strong run

Good luck!