View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Im looking at the Alysheba now. Between the 1 and 9 I think there is enough speed to not let Appealing Tale steal the race.
Maybe. That said, Bradester's best two races came A. Setting a soft pace (Lezcano was up that day) and B. Sitting just off a fair to soft pace. Granted, his last was against (IMO) the best horse in training (Palace Malice) but he set a hot pace there and completely folded.
Moonshine Mullin simply cannot run with Appealing Tale. You really think Calvin gets super aggressive and forces the issue? I guess after the last front running score he might, especially from the rail...but I would think he'd be content to try to save ground and lay just off an (to me) obviously faster horse.
And even if they don't go crazy it still might not be enough to steal the race. But honestly, I think if the pace is super soft it might hurt AT's chances...he's the type that you want to run fast early and make them chase or get a bid lead and try to hold on.
Anyway, I'll be using WTC, AT and Golden Ticket all as A's...Normandy is a B for me.

Anyone commence any sort of opinions in the 9th? Least favorite kind of race for me (as a pk-3/pk-4 player) where I can only really feel comfortable tossing the 9, but can't really knock the favorites.