View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
it wasn't anything like what you described. i met interesting thoughtful people on the train ride in and out of town, and the speakers were good.
the only ignorance was CNN's laughable attempt to cover the event.
She was obviously being confrontational, but that guy clearly has no idea how a TV reporter asking you a question works.

She was not asking for a ****ing dissertation, so I can hardly fault her for trying to get him to say something, ANYTHING, that mattered or was remotely relevant in the span of six minutes since she didn't have all day. If she had to instigate to try to get something out of him, so be it, because it doesn't take a partisan Democrat to realize he was just going to meander along about Lincoln and Liberty without actually saying anything any time soon (hey, isn't that what you guys say about Obama, that he just talks in vague generalities without saying anything of substance....you should totally have some sympathy for her!).

And I'm glad, no snark whatsoever, that you met thoughtful, smart people. I never doubted they were out there. I just highly doubt that they outnumber the idiots.