View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 10:43 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
if he could get the lead ala Oxbow he may be a player but I don't see a 48+ half in this race....Im thinking thats going to be Market King's plan. Im hoping that Anothertwist comes out of the gate gunning for position along with a few others and they keep it up on the backstretch. I'll probably lose but my primary players will be WOW, Bourbon War, and Owendale, Im off Improbable so again, I will probably lose.
I don’t blame you. I’m mixed between tossing WOW or Improbable. Partly value based but also because I like quite a few of the new horses. I feel like WOW will get overbet on the assumption that he would have finished well if not for the foul - but I’m not so sure. Improbable is the most consistent of these horses so it’s hard for me to toss him...but he’s also running his 3rd race in 5 weeks and I wonder how much the Arkansas and Kentucky derby’s took out of him. Baffert himself does not seem overly confident in him.

I’m 100% with you on Bourbon War and Owendale. I absolutely love Owendale in this race and if he doesn’t hit the board then I won’t be cashing a ticket. All my horizontals are going to single him.