View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 01:05 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Sorry, Meant Seattle All Star
Thats ok, look, Gomez has been riding the same White Mercedes horses(I know what you mean, but you are sadly uninformed if you think Todds success is dude to Doc Allday, he plays a part, hes the best in the business, but Todd is a genius and in watching his horses train you can see some of the things he does that makes him the best, but i digress) .
Stat- In over three weeks of riding in NY he has won with TWO mounts for Pletcher at Belmont. One Safari Queen was 6-5(and that wasnt a great ride) and Honey Ryder at 3-2. Now thats a fact Jack. only TWO winners for Todd at the meet. The other 7 have been for other trainers.
The level at which he is spoken of by some leads to to evaluate him as if he were the very best or one of the best. I can give you three horses he blew this weekend with bad rides. Two of em I bet, and one I didn't and cashed on because he blew the ride. Hes not Johnny, not even close. His mistakes are always mental. Noone is gonna tell you hes not amazingly strong and agile, ist pretty obvious that he is. But at the very highest level of the game you have to sharpen your mental skills as well. He needs plenty of work in this area.