View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
It's a piss poor deal. What do the Yanks want to accomplish? Get a ring? I don't think this is the guy for that. If you're talking about getting to the post, then sure, but they surely want more than that. I don't get the infatuation with him. Every team he has been on looks pretty flat in the crunch. The Texas teams always lacked fire in the gut. The Angels (in the post) lacked any fire in the post with him. Go back and try looking at the series his team just lost to Boston in the post. WTF you giving this guy all this $$ for if he isn't doing anything more than a couple singles a game? That's typical of that guy in big games when he was with Texas too. Fly balls, lil singles, strike outs, walks, fielder choice ground ball outs. You see a guy (in that series against Boston) that's that valuable in the post? Huh? He's a good citizen and all that, but, in the post, the YANKS are probably gunna get what he did for the Halos in the post. It ain't all that. Yea, he's tame. He is too fkn tame. In my opinion, this is the worst signing this winter. He is not a difference maker in the post. The other contracts have a possiblity of being great in the post, but there again, Sabathia hasn't been that great in the post.
You would have hated Ernie Banks