View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
I'm holding out hope that Tannenbaum isn't dumb enough to go after that piece of trash Matt Cassel. Talk about a sucker move. Signing him to a big contract would be akin to betting Music Note at 1-9 in the BC Classic after her only competition scratched in the Gazelle. There's a reason the guy hadn't started a game since high school, and you could put Chuck behind that O-Line with Moss and Welker and he'd look like Dan freaking Fouts.

As an aside, the Jets leading the league with seven Pro Bowlers may be the final blow for Mangini if they can't sneak into the playoffs. I think he's a decent coach, but he's not good enough to make up for two lackluster coordinators. I'd like to see Romeo replace Sutton and Callahan promoted to OC, then Mangini get one more year to do something significant. The QB situation will be a mess (tell Favre to take a hike), but if we can suss out a gamebreaking WR in the draft, build some O-Line depth and shore up the secondary, I don't think we'll need Johnny U. back there to contend next year.
I'm more like....