View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
Ann Arbor Eddie could be a sleeper,he caught a surface he didn't handle in his last..........plus,he's really improved when getting a distance of ground.
Not sure if it was the surface. Gutierrez gave one of the worst rides of all time last out. Sent the horse to the lead the first part, then allowed the colt to fall back on the backstretch, then inexplicably sent the horse back to the lead with an early bid right into the teeth of the pace. The horse fought hard through the lane and was DQ'd for his efforts when he got tired lugged out.

That said, despite the gut-busting effort, it was predictable that Reddam et al. would want to wheel right back without letting the horse recover. Expecting the horse to go backwards, especially with no whiff of a jockey change anywhere in sight.

Quote:
And somebody please explain to me why the cross country ship to run Bluegrass Envy in this spot...........easily wins the award for the stupidest move of 2017.
If I had to guess, Bluegrass Envy might stay in CA post-race, as the owner has several horses there, most noticeably Imperative who runs in the Big Cap later on the card.

Quote:
Dortmund loses the hood,so you would expect him to sit........will he grass ?
Dortmund only wore blinkers for his last 2, which appeared to be a desperation move on the part of Baffert when the horse's form was tailing off (or he just wanted to soften up California Chrome in the race before the BC).

Quote:
The Big Cap sure has a lot of grass friendly types in it.
Two ways to look at it:
Midnight Storm skates with no other early lick in the race.
Shaman Ghost just ran behind Arrogate & Gun Runner.
Pick your Poison.
I'll take a flyer on Hi Happy. Some improvement in his last start from his US debut and now adding Lasix first time. He won some important races in Argentina.