View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 12:55 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Could you elaborate a little on why ? I know you and Moses are high on this hoss.
He seems to have bad action. He is seldom running straight. To me these guys rarely go forward as 3 year olds. I can’t see him even hitting the board.
Though in anothertwistafate I like the deuce Epic Dreamer to wire the field. Vekoma did beat him breaking his maiden, but I think with the Holy Bull under his belt, he can keep going. The Hough guy is interesting also.

This should strengthen your opinion on Vekoma if anything.
There are probably some flaws in my thinking but he starts well, has early speed and finishes well, has been wide on the turn for both his races but still finishes well, has beaten Network Effect, Call Paul, Epic Dreamer, and Mihos (maybe no elite horses but each pretty good), thought his Nashua win was one of the more impressive wins of the 2YOs last year, has done this all without lasix (which is now added), like the pedigree a bit with Candy Ride as the sire and Speightstown as the damsire.

All that said, I’m really just dying to see him run again. I think what he’s done so far is a really nice foundation to build from but need to see him continue to impress.