View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
It doesn't do much good to judge a horse on a day that he doesn't fire. LITF obviously did not run anything close to his best today. I'm not surprised. I thought he trained sore before his last race. I thought he would lose that day. I was totally surprised that he won that day.
In addition, Gilchrist has admitted that the horse has some physical problems this year that he didn't have last year. They were considering retiring him last month. His race today doesn't prove anything. He was obviously hurting today. I think there is a good chance this will be his last race.
He runs his best against weaker fields when he can comfortably assume the lead on the turn. Whenever he has real quality sprinters on his inside that make him fight for the lead he folds up or as you say, he doesn't fire. I've not heard about these supposed physical problems and I don't buy it. If he is obviously hurting and has physical problems why are they racing him against hard knockers like the field today? In todays DRF the quote from Gilchrist is "But the way he won the Aristides I'd say he's just as good now as he was when he came here last year". Sounds confident to me.