View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Goodwood

Day 10 4/16/10: Speed was good in routes based on a three race sample size (one of them a horse that towered over the rest, so essentially 2 races) but the track was relatively fair in sprints.

LAND OF THE GIANTS could not have been more impressive. Set reasonable but quick fractions and just annihilated this field, I would not be surprised to see this one win some stakes soon.

Pretty weak group in the 3rd and outside of the top 2 I would avoid all the others going forward. SYLVAN SAINT was wide throughout and deserves another shot but the rest are a toss in similar conditions.

Merry go round race in the 4th with virtually no passing; the entire group was unimpressive but I'd draw a line through the race for all.

Even though the time doesn't reflect it, I'd argue that the 5th was the better division of the 30K MCL's. RAMYA ran much better than the final margin indicates; she held well till the top of the stretch with decent fractions. MINTS N THE VALLEY made a little move mid race and while she may not win next out she is a threat to hit the board at a big price if she can sustain it a little longer. MIHRIMAH deserves another look at CD. Discount MY FAST FRIEND and KLEA next out who showed very little with a good setup against a group they should have beaten.

Previously highlighted NEW PAIS blows away the 7th race, not a whole lot to get excited about otherwise. A NY bred, we could see this one in some NYB stakes in the future. CHAIRMAN missed the break from the inside and rallied nicely to get 3rd.

Clement runs 1-2 in the Doubledogdare; pretty unimpressive for the level, however. I'd hesitate to bet any of them in stakes going forward.

CRUZATTE was much the best in the finale, getting shuffled back down the backstretch and having to change lanes multiple times. Discount SMARMY and SATYRS, whose running line looks much better than it really was.