View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 12:08 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I don’t see how betting a race that is 6 weeks away where there are so many variables could possibly be considered a good bet.
Just like any other horse bet, there is information to analyze. The time until the race is another variable. Often, adding a new variable is a good thing in betting, especially if you think you have a better handle on it than the majority of bettors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss
I’m sure all those people who bet Life Is Good thought they made a good bet.
Doesn’t everyone who makes any horse bet think they've made a good bet? I think you'd agree that 99%+ of them are wrong.

Quote:
So much can change in this game, with 3 year olds, daily. Why make it more difficult on yourself and your bankroll?
Why make any horse racing bet? With its house edge/takeout of 15-25% it would appear way more difficult than, say, NFL betting, where the house edge is less than 5%. But sometimes the difficulty presents opportunities for the betting public to make big mistakes.

Quote:
I just think it’s very difficult if not impossible to determine value this far out. Too much can happen.
It’s another variable. It's not impossible to analyze.