View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo
Gill claims tough pro race horses...Horses that have started 20 plus times and had successful careers.. He claims anything that he thinks drugs will move up slightly and earn a few bucks with.. In a way he is smart.. claims for 5k drops to 4k adds drugs and looks to win a 7200 pay day.. jacobsen does the same crap but I havent seen many of his breakdown. I am all for racing horses when they are ok but you have to admit Gill is cheating and doing it unsafely
most likely the reason you see Gills and his type at track like penn is they must get past the vets get in the race, a guy like a Jacobsen will claim a horse for 20-25 and run em for 5k. You wont see as many break down during a race but you will see just as many disappear because either the NY stewards wont let em get back in a race or they broke down in training, or they just cant run anymore. Rarely do those type trainers horse last from season to season or meet to meet. They know they are holding a "hot potato" and the last one holding is the loser.