View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 05:54 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
I understand what you're saying but those inner track races were no better than a number of main track races and she simply could not beat Tagg on paper. There was no way she should have been favored over Tagg and I have discussed this with a number of sane people I know and every one of them had similar feelings.
I posted the same thing on the selections thread before the race. I said there was no way she could outsprint Stormy Kiss and win the race. In her prior effort at the meadowlands on a highly speed favoring track, she borke sharp while her only rival was acting up in the gate and got left.
I saw her as no shot horse who would get bet.
1-9? I didn't get it at the time and I still don't get it now.
Anyone wanna explain how Italian Saint could go off the chalk on Sunday?
I didn't play the race and didn't watch the tote board either, but when I looked at the chart my first reaction was shock that she had won by 5 lengths. My next reaction when I saw that she was favored was laughter.
Too many of these races lately, way too many.
Its like someone knows whats gonna happen before it does, and they never guess wrong.
I've really noticed it the last 3 weeks or so. Anyone wanna explain the payout in the 6th race exacta today by the way? You have an entry at 8-5, and the expensive firster at 2-1. Then you have a clear 3rd choice in Marquet
Desire at 7-1, and Sensational Humor at 9-1. The Truehreat at 10-1.
Now these horses were bet identically in pik-3's at the payout leg(except the first two choices were flip flopped by 12 bucks with the expensive horse being favored). A friend of mine was live in the race and asked me to get down the payouts to see if anyone had taken sneaky money so he could save on his bet by starting a pik-4 with his two horses and anyone he thought was taking live money.
So basically you get two 11-1 shots, who are 6th and 7th choices in a 9 betting interest field. They run 1-2, and the exacta is only 198 bucks? Excuse me? The house parlay was 307.44. Since it was the 6th and 7th choices, you are supposed to get a little above that.
I'm sorry but this is just not right. Then the trifecta pays 1387, same amount as the one on Sunday with the 10-1, 60-1, and 5-1. LOL!!! 11-1, 11-1, 7-1 pays the same as that?
Sorry but when things stop making sense, its a good idea to lay off a circuit and watch until you feel like a sense of order has returned.