View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Jerome Park

From Clyde

================================================== ========

"The Wood Memorial was the race that I fell in love with him. It was a freezing cold day...the sleet pelted me as I watched the post parade...the Jamaicans yelled their usually obscenities at the jockeys...and then along came this little horsey merrily splashing through the puddles."

^^^^
I LLLLLLIKED IT!

Coincidentally,when I attended the Derby draw in downtown Louisville, a random stranger handed me a button. I looked down to see what it was and it said "Jazil."

Jazil means abundance. I always liked to think of it as an abundance of happiness.

THAT WAS VERY PRETTY.I DID NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF HIS NAME AND YOUR IMPRESSION IS GOOD AS I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE HAD GREAT FUN.HE SURE MADE DURKEN LOOK AN ITTY BITTY FOOLISH AT THE WOOD MEM:...." and Keyed Entry will finish second with Jazil about 6 lengths back finishing third.Both Bob&John win, looking smartly in doing so as ---OH MY GOD!!!! WHAT THE FUCl< WAS THAT!!???? THAT WAS JAZIL !!....AND HE ALMOST GAVE BOTH BOB&JOHN A HEART ATTACK!!WHOA!!"

I wore my Jazil button at the Belmonty Stakes and several random people kept coming up to me telling me he had no shot. (This is a terrible pick-up line, by the way) Yours truly walked out looking like a genius.

WELL I GUESS SO.I HAD PICKED HIM TO WIN TOO....ON ANOTHER BORD.AN INFAMOUS CRY BABY THERE HAD PICKED BLUE GRASS SLUG.HA-HA!! AND THANKS FOR THE TIP.IT WAS MY SECOND BEST PICK UP LINE, RIGHT AFTER----"EXCUSE ME,BUT ARE'UNT YOU CARMEN DIAZ?" I'LL SCRATCH IT OFF MY TOP 5.

"The First Saturday in May" has a wonderful scene of he and McLaughlin together. Proof positive that these race horseys are loved dearly.

WELL I HOPE SO.IT WOULD BE NICE TO THINK A FEW TRAINERS SEE OTHER COLORS THAN GREEN.THAT'S A MOVIE? WILL CHECK U-TUBEY FOR IT.

THAAAAANKS!