View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 08:17 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
This is kind of dumb sir. I said i enjoy your work. I meant it. There's no need for me to say it if I didn't believe it. If you chose to believe i'm trolling you, that's your right. I know i mean it.

I don't own horses. I suspect most of us on here don't so most of the opinions we give on here involve us giving opinions on what others should do or should have done with their horses. Would I always follow my own suggestions if I was in the position of the owners? I'd like to think so but it's quite possible that I wouldn't. The beauty of forums like these is unlike you, most of us are just fans so we can talk about the sport from a different angle, an angle that is slanted more towards what we would like to see rather than what's best for the principals involved. That shouldn't be mistaken for not understanding that being 1/9 in a grade one against your own sex is a more logical spot than being 6/1 third choice in a an open grade one. That shouldn't be mistaken for not understanding how valuable that grade one is on the resume. I know how important the resume is in a breeding career.

How much I'll bet, I don't know. Depends on how the day has gone prior to that race. I've never divulged how much I bet before and I won't start with this race. To me, that information is and always has been private. Proving it to anyone has never been my style and if that leads to people believing I don't bet, well, I just have to live with that. I will say this. I am an old fashioned bettor. I like win bets and occasionally some exactas. That's pretty much it. I don't like multi-race wagers much. If I do a multi-race wager, I will not go more than two horses deep in any race. To me, having to go 5-6 deep in any race means I don't have a strong opinion and I won't bet if I don't have a strong opinion.

Anyway, take the compliment bro. You do good work. Seriously. I don't have to like you as a person to say that.

I'll admit to only glancing at this ( I think we can all agree that it's a bit on the long side ), but just one thing....I really did think you were trolling, you know....given I have never worked for TVG and it's been years since I even made one of my few brief appearances with them. I apologize and will now settle on Option B. I won't make that mistake again. Apologies.