View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 09:42 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Craig.. I get that despite being fully aware of the difference you're eager to paint every horseman with the same brush, but to call the Ellis training plan 'doping' is a disservice to the broader discussion.
"Training Plan"? Ok the definition is now in place, a Training Plan is defined and can include the administration of banned race day drugs on a specific date based on guidelines set forth for a previously manufactured drug that is no longer available.

Let's see if I can use it in a sentence. We should claim that horse, he will go into my training program, and will race better.

In my training program we see horses able to train harder and eat well even if they have trouble keeping weight on when trained aggressively.

Once a horse is in my training program they race every 70 days and test clean of any administered compounded banned race day anabolic steroids.

good grief please dont suggest that calling a spade a spade detracts from potential for the Industry to redine the definition of a "training program circa 2016"

Do I think Ellis cheated NO. He is smart great trainer. He learned what to do legally to give his barn and connections the best opportunity to compete and earn. Did he push envelope to edge cross the line, and make a horrid decision, of course.