View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 09:24 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski View Post
Those that are saying "I want my money for the Drefong-MYB exacta" yadda yadda think about this: Caffeine has a half life of about 6 hours. Stanozolol (injected, which I'm assuming was the administering method) has a half life of about 24 hours. We are talking about 60 half-lifes- so the performance equivalent of that coffee you had at Starbucks 2 weeks ago. Impact: Zero, zip, nada.

For full disclosure, I completely pitched Masochistic, so I lost money on intrarace bets.
This is a dubious position. 2 days after galloping in an allowance the gelding was treated for bleeding and appetite enhancement. Within 48 hours after a stroll THEY KNEW the horse needed therapeutic anabolic steroids in order to compete at maximum levels 70 days later and test clean(or so they thought.
I get the trace elements in the geldings system had 0 impact that day on the horses effort but is that really the spirit of banning them from performance enhancement? This horse needed steroids to trainer harder keep weight on so that on race day he would be at optimum fitness. And there are several professional that have written that anabolic steroids continue to have dramatic benefit even after complete detectable withdrawal.