View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
And the contrary to that is sometimes an ******* with a few bucks in his pocket becomes a bigger *******. His comment about being top 5 with basically no track record would be enough for me to bet this is the case.
When he made that comment, he had won two tournaments in a 7 week period. He was probably in the top 2 or 3 hottest players in the world at that time, if not the hottest. I understand there is obviously a difference between being in the top 5 "hottest" players in the world versus the top 5 "best" players in the world. To get into the top 5 "best" in the world, you need to play well for at least a year or two, not just a month or two. Anyway, he probably shouldn't have made the comment but I don't think it was a big deal. As Coach was saying, I think that most players that are 23 years old (his age when he made the comment) that have already won a couple of times are extremely confident, if not a little cocky. But most of them are smart enough to at least pretend to be humble.

He hasn't made any really cocky comments since then, so he may have learned his lesson. Time will tell.