View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
Animal Kingdom might be the right kind of horse to run well for us. He handles all surfaces and his trainer (like Gio Ponti's trainer) has a European background. I still would bet against him though.

If it was still 10 furlongs on dirt at Nad Al Sheba ... horses like Game On Dude and Fort Larned would probably light up anything you can find in Europe. I'd have loved to be in your country if they ever met up with Frankel in a dirt race. As great as Frankel definitely was, you probably could have made a killing of a lifetime going around and fading him in such a hypothetical match-up.
I fully agree with you on that - Frankel, as good as he was is bred not to run a lick on dirt and would have been a huge play against on dirt. Seeing how well Dylan Thomas ran on dirt permanently convinced me on that...

The thing I love about the Breeders Cup is that I pretty much have the choice between the Pari Mutuel (generally Euro horses) and Betfair (pretty much all US horses) so it just helps so much in making a profit. In last years Breeders Cup Classic for example 11 of the 12 horses (To Honor and Serve the exception) went off a higher price on the Betfair starting price than the Pari Mutuel.

#Grand