View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 09:34 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
I don't see how you can postulate that "many fans" don't care about the positive tests. Most gamblers that I know are extremely frustrated at trying to handicap races while also factoring in potential drug cheats. Most casual fans that I know are absolutely appalled at the stuff that came out about Servis/Navarro.

You may be right that not enough people care, or perhaps the right people don't care...but I'm not sure why Baffert's presence is a necessity. There are plenty of big race days at NYRA or Gulfstream or Churchill/Keeneland that have no Baffert horses or very few.

Do Baffert's horses make the races more competitive? Maybe. I don't know. Personally, I think his horses are almost always overbet and if they win provide very little value. I guess it can be good if you're against one of his overbet horses and can beat them.
Different sport but in baseball, the Astros manager that was fired and suspended for a year because of cheating, was hired immediately after his suspension was lifted. Alex Rodriguez was suspended for drug use and now he’s ESPN’s lead baseball analyst. Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire were hired as coaches by teams. Josh Gordon in football gets chance after chance. Antonio Brown has pending assault charges against him and he just got signed. The Cowboys have a couple of guys that have suspended for drugs. There’s a coach who was fined and suspended for putting a bounty out on opposing players and paid bonuses to his guys if they could hurt them and he’s still working.

I point these out as examples that fans don’t really care. As long as they are entertained, that’s all they care about. Barry Bonds could stand at home plate, call time out, stick a needle in his arm right there.....I just want to see a 600 foot home run.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine