View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 12:44 PM
Ellis Park

Default Money Talks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
I don't see how you can postulate that "many fans" don't care about the positive tests. Most gamblers that I know are extremely frustrated at trying to handicap races while also factoring in potential drug cheats. Most casual fans that I know are absolutely appalled at the stuff that came out about Servis/Navarro.

You may be right that not enough people care, or perhaps the right people don't care...but I'm not sure why Baffert's presence is a necessity. There are plenty of big race days at NYRA or Gulfstream or Churchill/Keeneland that have no Baffert horses or very few.

Do Baffert's horses make the races more competitive? Maybe. I don't know. Personally, I think his horses are almost always overbet and if they win provide very little value. I guess it can be good if you're against one of his overbet horses and can beat them.
Bobby B is a great trainer and stable manager but when it comes down to why he is being treated different than other good trainers all comes down to Baffert's money interest and owners